- As of December 2019, the permit fee for international visitors is 700,000 Indonesian Rupiah (~USD 50.00)
- The permit fee for Indonesian citizens and KITAP holders is IDR 425,000 (This rate is not available for KITAS holders.)
- Children under 12 years of age are not required to have a permit.
- The permit is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Please note that the entry permit described here is the Raja Ampat Environmental Service Fee. The Raja Ampat Visitor Entry Ticket is a separate fee that was introduced in December 2019. See the linked page for details.
These are the only two official government fees that you will be asked to pay when visiting Raja Ampat. (Visitors to some locations might also be asked to pay a “local entry fee”.)
We are often asked if a Surat Jalan permit is required to visit Sorong or Raja Ampat. A Surat Jalan is not required to visit Raja Ampat. However: Staff at many Indonesian embassies are unaware of this, look up Raja Ampat’s location and then ‘do it by the book’, which says that all visitors to West Papua need a Surat Jalan. To avoid complications if applying for a visa at an embassy in your home country, you might want to consider not mentioning your plan to visit Raja Ampat. Nobody checks or cares once you are in Indonesia. (As long as you don’t try to enter a place that a Surat Jalan is required for!)
Where does the Raja Ampat entry fee money go?
Raja Ampat’s Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) are enormous, and the costs of monitoring them are correspondingly huge. Your payment of the Environmental Service Fee helps to pay these costs.
Where to buy Raja Ampat Marine Park Entry Card?
The Raja Ampat Marine Park Authority (UPTD BLUD) is the organisation responsible for monitoring Raja Ampat’s MPAs and administering the funds collected from entry card sales.
According to this official communication from the Marine Park Authority, the Raja Ampat Marine Park Entry Card can be purchased from:
- Email to email@example.com
- Contact telephone number +6282134059338 (Allan/Yoan)
- UPTD temporary office at Jenderal Sudirman Street, Waisai