Last updated September 6, 2019
Reviews are a way for Association guests to share their experiences with the community. Any attempt to use reviews or review responses to force a user to do something they aren’t obligated to do is a misuse of reviews, and we don’t allow it.
This policy applies to situations including, but not limited to:
- Guests threatening to use reviews or ratings in an attempt to force a host to provide refunds, additional compensation, or discounted accommodation.
- Hosts requiring a guest to leave a positive review or rating, or to revise a review in exchange for a partial or full refund. Hosts also can’t offer a free or discounted stay in exchange for a guest revising an existing review.
- Hosts asking a guest to take specific actions related to a review in exchange for a resolution to a dispute between the parties.
This policy does not prohibit:
- A guest from contacting a host with a problem prior to leaving a review.
- A host from asking a guest to leave an honest positive review or rating reflecting a positive experience.
- A host or guest from revising a review by subsequent postings.
Guests cannot edit reviews after they are published, but they can add to them as above.
By posting a review, you agree to follow all PT PERJAMPAT and Association guidelines and policies, including the Extortion Policy, which the PT PERJAMPAT and the Association may enforce at our sole discretion. Failure to do so may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your representation on or access to the Stay Raja Ampat Platform.
If you believe you’ve experienced extortion, please contact us.