Last updated September 6 , 2019
SRA Platform Hosts have a uniform strict cancellation policy. If a Host or Guest needs to cancel a reservation, it is his or her responsibility to cancel as soon as possible. At times, certain circumstances outside of a Host or Guest’s control can impact their ability to meet the terms of a reservation.
In rare instances, if PT PERJAMPAT determines that a Guest’s reason for cancellation falls within PT PERJAMPAT’s Extenuating Circumstances Policy, PT PERJAMPAT may override the cancellation policy and make refund decisions. If PT PERJAMPAT determines that a Host’s reason for cancellation falls within the PT PERJAMPAT’s Extenuating Circumstances policy, PT PERJAMPAT may waive any host cancellation penalties outlined in PT PERJAMPAT’s Terms of Service and PT PERJAMPAT’s Payments Terms of Service.
What might be covered under the Extenuating Circumstances Policy?
Valid circumstances include:
- Unexpected death or serious illness of a Host, Guest or immediate family member (spouse/partner, child, parent, legal guardian, grandparent, or sibling)
- Serious injury that directly restricts a guest’s ability to travel or a host’s ability to host
- Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents impacting the location of destination or location of departure
- Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued after the time of booking, by an appropriate national or international authority (such as a government office or department)
- Endemic disease declared by a credible national or international authority (such as the World Health Organization or the US Centers for Disease Control)
- Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the ability to host safely
- Government-mandated obligations issued after the time of booking (ex: jury duty, court appearances, military or government assignments)
If you need to make a claim
Claims can only be considered after a reservation has been cancelled. Once you’ve informed your Host or Guest and cancelled a reservation, if you feel that your reason for cancellation is covered by PT PERJAMPAT’s Extenuating Circumstances Policy, contact PT PERJAMPAT for consideration. We generally require claims to be submitted no later than 14 days from the original check-in date and we may require valid supporting documentation.